Pie is all-time favorite to Americans. If it’s a Star studded blueberry pie, its more than a favorite dish to the native people. Today, we will go through the recipe of all-time favorite “Star studded blueberry pie”.
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 4 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 and half cup sugar
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice/ white vinagar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- On a lightly floured surface, roll one half of pie dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Trim pastry even with rim; flute edge. Refrigerate 35-40 minutes. Leave remaining pie dough refrigerated.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Combine blueberries, sugar, tapioca, lemon juice and salt; toss gently. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Add filling to pie pastry; dot with butter. Bake 20 minutes on a lower oven rack. Reduce heat to 300°; bake 20 minutes more. Cover edges loosely with foil to prevent burning. Return to lower rack of oven; bake 10-15 minutes longer, until blueberries are bubbly and beginning to burst. Cool on a wire rack.
- Roll remaining dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle. Cut out stars using different-sized cookie cutters as desired. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 300° until golden brown, 10-15 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool. Place stars over cooled pie in any pattern desired.
Test Kitchen Tips
- Time-saving tip: Bake star cutouts a day in advance.
- For a filling that’s ultra smooth, finely grind tapioca in a food processor before stirring it in.
- Don’t skip the 30-minute resting time before baking: It helps your fluting stay defined.
1 piece: 430calories, 15g fat (7g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 310mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Serving the pie
Are you a bit confused about how will you serve this dish? The pie looks good on white bread plates. So try to serve it on the white dinnerware plates. We have that covered. Read our blog on the best white dinnerware plates review. You can prepare this dish on any occasion or even at a casual dinner party.